Since starting my weight loss journey, my family has been eating more vegetables than ever before. We have tried a variety of new veggies and we have found new favorites! Spaghetti squash, zucchini, peppers, and yellow squash grace the table every night. Gone are the days of simply eating corn, peas, and green beans. That gets boring after awhile. I love that we are now eating healthier and trying new things!
I was so excited when I was asked to make a recipe from the Clare Crespo Cookbook. It is filled with 25 veggie recipes! Not only are the recipes healthy, but they are cute! The presentation makes them fun which then makes the kids want to eat them!
I had a really hard time deciding which recipe to try first! Being a sucker for pizza (and so are the kids), I decided to try the Pizza Flag!
- 6 oz part skim mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 Tbsp. Country Crock spread
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 cup Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- Take 2 slices of mozzarella cheese stack together. Use kitchen scissors or small knife to cut a few star shapes out of the cheese. Slice remaining cheese slices into 1-inch strips.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Melt Country Crock® Spread in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. This makes veggies taste delicious!
- Stretch pizza dough to ﬁt a rectangular pan. Spread Ragu® Pizza Quick Sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle spinach over top left corner of dough. Place stars on the spinach. Lay tomatoes and cheese strips in alternating strips on rest of the pizza.
- Bake 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden and crust is starting to brown. Remove from oven and serve!