I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Felix products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
It may be still winter but I am looking forward to warmer weather and summer vacation. Which is why I decided to dive into the world of semifreddo and try my hand at making this cool treat.
I’ve been looking for an ice cream maker at Goodwill but have had no luck in the hunt. So while I am waiting to score this holy grail item, I thought I would try making semifreddo.
Semifreddo, (in Italian, half cold) is a class of semi-frozen desserts made from eggs, sugar and cream. This no churn cold dessert can be made quickly and enjoyed for up to three days. The sky is the limit when it comes to semifreddo. You can make any flavor your little heart desires.
I love a refreshing lemon cold treat so I decided to try that for my first try at semifreddo. But I also have a little secret ingredient, Felix’s Lingonberry with Blueberry Jam!
Lemon Semifreddo with Lingonberry & Blueberry Ripple
- 1 3/4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice or regular lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons finely grated Meyer lemon peel or regular lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of Felix's Lingonberry with Blueberry Jams
- Line 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving generous overhang.
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in large bowl until soft peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream while making custard.
- Whisk 1 1/4 cups sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt in large metal bowl to blend.
- Set bowl over large saucepan of simmering water and whisk constantly until yolk mixture is thick and fluffy and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 170°F, about 4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from over simmering water. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until cool, thick, and doubled in volume, about 6 minutes.
- Fold in chilled whipped cream. Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan and smooth top. Tap loaf pan lightly on work surface to remove air pockets. Fold plastic wrap overhang over top to cover.
- Freeze semifreddo until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
About Felix Jams
Try a new twist on turkey. Get a fresh point of view on PB&J. Or spread it on waffles and pancakes. Felix Lingonberries, the leading lingonberry jam in Sweden and the USA, can now be enjoyed in a trio of delicious new versions: Lingonberry with Blueberry and Lingonberry with Ginger for both sweet and savory meals and recipes, and coming soon, a brand new flavor, Lingonberry with Spiced Apple and Cinnamon.
You can learn more about Felix Jams’ products on their website. Looking for more recipes? Check out more Felix Jams recipes from the #MomBlogTourFF!
- Reesa’s Triple Berry Pound Cake
- Valerie’s Gluten-Free No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Kylee’s Lingonberries Cream Hand Pies
- Sarah’s Homemade Gummies Using Jam
- Krissy’s Lemon Lingonberry Jam Cake Roll
FELIX JAMS GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive an assortment of Felix Jams! This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only and will end March 2, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.