A quick and easy one pot pasta packed with spinach and creamy tomato. Perfect for busy school nights!
Thank you to DaVinci® for sponsoring this Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta. As always, all opinions are my own.
Once the kids are back in school and fall baseball starts, I need quick and easy dinners. There are many nights that I have to help the kids with homework and get dinner on the table at the same time.
Some of my favorite one pot dishes are pasta based. And you need a great pasta to hold that dinner together.
DaVinci Pasta starts with 100% durum wheat semolina for quality flavor and warm air-dry process to cultivate the perfect texture. With 50 varieties, you can taste the DaVinci® difference. Made in Italy, DaVinci pasta brings authentic Italian to every one of your Kitchen creations.
If you’d rather skip right to the Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What’s in Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta?
This one pot dish only has a few ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. To make this Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta, you will need:
- DaVinci Rotini Pasta
- Diced Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Onion and Garlic
- Mascarpone Cheese
My favorite part of this recipe is the mascarpone cheese! It adds just the right amount of creaminess to make this dish rich and flavorful!
It’s super easy to make this Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta!
How to Make Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta
Making Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta couldn’t be any easier! You only need one pot to whip up this dish. There’s no waiting for the water to boil. No pasta to drain.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR COOKING ESSENTIALS, YOU ARE READY TO MAKE THIS Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta!
Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta
- 16 oz DaVinci Rotini Pasta
- olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (with juice), 14.5 oz each
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups boiling water
- fresh basil
- 9 oz fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- In a large pot, heat some olive oil and gently saute your onions until soft.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning, and saute on low heat for a further 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 5 minutes, until bubbling.
- Add rotini along with the boiling water.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often, until the pasta has cooked and the sauce has thickened back up.
- Add the spinach, basil and butter, and stir over a low heat until it’s cooked down.
- Stir in the mascarpone until melted.
If you are looking for a quick school night dinner, than this Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta is it!
Share your Fun and Done recipe on Instagram and tag DaVinci® Use the hashtags#pastabilities #funanddone #anythingispastable for your chance to be featured and win one of many prizes, like a year’s supply of DaVinci Pasta, a grocery gift card, cooking accessories, Insta-Camera, and more!
You can purchase this DaVinci® pasta at your local Tops! Find even more simple recipes on the DaVinci® Facebook page.