All the flavors of a traditional caprese salad are brought together in a hearty pasta salad!
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Summer Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Academia Barilla products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
I have been on a major pasta salad kick this summer. It started off with my BLT pasta salad. And now I can not get enough of this easy Caprese Pasta Salad.
You can make a batch of this pasta salad on the weekend and have a light lunch throughout the week. All you need are your classic caprese ingredients (basil, fresh mozzarella, and tomatoes), some homemade pesto, and Academia Barilla Farfalle.
You can use any form of pasta but I like to use Farfalle (or bowtie) in my pasta salad recipes. I feel like it holds the pesto (or dressing) well and doesn’t get soft and mushy. (You can get my homemase basil pesto recipe HERE).
This caprese pasta salad smells and tastes so refreshing and will be a staple in my kitchen through fall. You can make this ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve. It’s so much better next day as the pesto and olive oil have a chance to marinate all of the fresh ingredients.
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 1 bag of Academia Barilla Farfalle pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese ball, cubed
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a large pot with water and boil your pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, quarter your tomatoes and cube your mozzarella.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add your cooled pasta to a mixing bowl along with the tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto and olive oil.
- Toss together and either serve at room temperature or refrigerated.
Academia Barilla is THE ultra-premium, best-in-class pasta Restaurant-quality experience you can re-create at home. Made with Italian Aureo durum wheat, a single high quality grain variety developed by Barilla, their pasta is ideal for ensuring gluten tenacity for outstanding “al dente” performance. Their pasta includes four of the most classic Italian pasta cuts for broad range of recipes: Spaghetti, Linquine, Penne Rigate, and Farfalle. You can learn more about Academia Barilla on their website.
Check out more Academia Barilla recipes from the #MomBlogTourFF!
- My Lemon Spaghetti Shrimp
- Val’s Instant Pot Penne alla Vodka with Chicken
- Kylee’s Classic Spaghetti Carbonara
- Val’s Turkey Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Krissy’s Dozen Veggie Pasta Primavera
- Sarah’s Sun-dried Tomato, Asparagus Linguine with Mushrooms, Walnuts and Parmesan Cream Sauce
Academia Barilla Giveaway
One lucky winner with receive an assortment of Academia Barilla! One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.