A classic banana bread recipe packed full of mashed bananas and chopped walnuts.
Confession. I throw out way too many bananas. I always buy a bunch and think we are going to eat them all and then there is a brown mess on the kitchen counters.
I know there are many ways to use over ripe bananas and most times the bananas are long gone before I get to them. But I have been trying to remember those bananas before they get to that point!
I love banana bread, not just because it’s a good way to use up over ripe bananas. It’s just so easy to make and so delicious! It goes really well with a hot cup of coffee in the morning. Or as a quick after school snack since it’s packed with so many good things!
Tips for making Banana Nut Bread:
- Make sure you mash all the chunks out of your bananas. You want your mashed bananas to have a smooth consistency.
- If you don’t want to make a bread, simply pour your batter into muffin tins for a Banana Nut Muffin!
- Do not let temptation get you! You want to make sure you let your banana nut bread cool before you slice into it. If you don’t, it will crumble apart. Banana bread is dense and moist and needs to time to cool and firm up a bit.
The best thing about banana bread is once you make it a few times your possibilities are endless. You can add nuts, like we did for this Banana Nut Bread, or chocolate chips for extra texture and flavor.
Other Banana Bread recipes you might enjoy:
Ready to make these Banana Nut Bread?
Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Peel your bananas and mash away! They should mash pretty easily. Make sure you mash all the chunks. You want your mashed bananas to have a smooth consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the batter in a preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
If you’re not making this recipe RIGHT NOW, you definitely want to PIN IT to save it for later!