Hubster has been hounding me forever to make lasagna. It’s not that I don’t like it. I just didn’t feel like making it. I stumbled on a bake one, freeze one recipe over at Prudence Pennywise. I love making freezer recipes so that we always have something on hand at a later date. They really come in handy when you don’t feel like cooking!
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 and 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella, divided
- 4 cups Tomato and Basil Marinara Sauce, from a jar or your favorite recipe
- 6 no boil lasagna noodles
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, basil, salt and pepper.
- Coat a loaf pan with no stick cooking spray. Spread bottom with 1/2 cup marinara sauce. Top with one noodle. Spread thinly with heaping 1/2 cup ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Top with 1/2 cup marinara sauce, another noodles, 1/2 cup ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Top with 1/2 cup marinara sauce, another noodle and 1/2 cup more marinara sauce. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella.
- Coat a sheet of tin foil with no stick cooking spray. Place on top of pan.
- Repeat process for another lasagna. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove foil and bake an additional ten minutes. (Thaw frozen lasagna completely before baking.)