How in the world is it August? These blog post ideas will be coming in handy as the kids gear to back to school. September will be here before I know it which means the chaotic mornings of rushing out the house will be back
Use this list to help with your blog planning, whether you have a blog planner or use a spreadsheet like I do. If you missed a month, you’ll be able to find a list of each month’s lists over on the Monthly Blog Post Idea page.
And now? Time for August’s list!
31 Blog Post Ideas for August
1. Host a guest post.
2. Update an old post.
3. Give your opinion on a current hot topic.
4. Teach your readers something you know how to do.
5. Ask your readers for advice.
6. Take a photo every hour for one day. Blog about your day.
7. Write about the last time you cried.
8. Create a Top 5 list (wine, coffee, books, etc).
9. Have you made something from Pinterest lately. Was it a hit or a fail?
10. Show some blogger love and share your favorite blogs.
11. Share 5 things you absolutely can not live without.
12. Create a printable and share it with your readers.
13. Talk about a mistake you recently made and what you learned from it.
14. Write an A-Z list, such as Recipes A-Z. This is a great way to promote your own recipes along with your favorites.
15. Do a makeover! Whether to yourself or to a room or to your blog, share your makeover.
16. Do you have a nickname? How did you get it and who gave it to you?
17. Just write. Sit down, open up a blank blog post, and just write!
18. Create a “Best of” Roundup.
19. Host a giveaway.
20. Do a Wordless Wednesday post sharing how you are getting ready for Back to School.
21. Create a cheat sheet on something you know how to do.
22. Write a “Buy This not that” post.
23. Share what is in your closet.
24. Share your favorite recent Instagram photos.
25. Share your recent shopping hauls.
26. Do a Back to School Round Up.
27. Share your favorite Back to School items.
28. Recap your summer.
29. Share a recent DIY project.
30. Review a book you read recently.
31. Create a parody like Kelly Brown Says did for this product review.